It’s all over, what an amazing weekend!
On March 18-20, 2016, at the MHEALTH HACKATHON in Brussels, more than 100 digital innovators came together to create new healthcare solutions. The results were exceptional. Twelve teams formed at the hackathon and each developed a top-notch demo and presentation. The jury had a tough choice but eventually opted for Momala, a low cost malaria diagnostic solution (1st place), iMoveUp, a knee surgery rehabilitation program (2nd), and Willy, a diagnostic solution for erectile dysfunction (3rd place). All of the 12 projects deserve credit, however, since the all round quality was exceptional. Here’s a list of the projects:
- Dragonfly: a burnout prediction tool
- Fiore: a menopause support solution
- GMD+ adoption: a patient-doctor communication tool to drive adoption of medical records
- HelpMate: a matchmaking people with chronic illness and volunteer helpers
- iMoveUp: online knee rehabilitation program
- MediMate: medication app that connects patient with GP and pharmacist
- MediZen: mobile patient monitoring for aenesthesist
- Momala: mobile malaria labs
- myHealthBox: the patient as data broker of his/her own data
- PillPlan: medication app that connects patient and pharmacist
- Willy: easy diagnosis of erectile dysfunction
- Yagram Health: patient engagement tool for maternity clinics
To find out more about the event, have a look at the challenges, the jury, our amazing superheroes, and off course our partners without whom this event would not have been possible. And below in the Storify, check out some of the social media highlights.
Until next time!
Leo, Bart, Koen & Frank
The Advance Healthcare Team